Virgin Media are crap, rubbish, hopeless, pathetic

January 7, 2012
By

crap customer service?My opinion formed during 6 months of having Virgin Media installed is that they are crap, rubbish, hopeless and pathetic.

Virgin Media what are you for? Apparently not to provide any kind of reliable service as your engineers have had to visit us at least 7 times since service began.
I have the lot, phone, broadband and tv. This morning nothing, neither a dial tone, nor a flicker. No internet, no email. Contacting Virgin Media to tell them is where the real frustration begins. Fortunately my mobile phone is with another provider or that may also have no service. Without your Virgin Media phone you need to dial 0845 454 2222 and this number, of course, costs from a mobile, but needs must yet after minutes talking to an automaton and of pressing endless buttons and being told there was no fault on the line I was informed that I would need an engineer, AGAIN.
Unfortunately the engineer would not be able to call for 3 days!!!  Oh joy, no phone, no tv and no broadband for at least 3 days until an engineer calls, and if he can’t find a problem …
How much is it to buy myself out of the contract?

Tags: ,

11 Responses to Virgin Media are crap, rubbish, hopeless, pathetic

1. Malcolm Stretten
    April 16, 2014 at 10:33 pm

All I can say to the above negative reviews of Virgin Media is ‘DITTO’.
    A total waste of time and space.

2. Jeremy
    January 17, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Try at least 40 times the entire time I’ve had to use them.

Wouldn’t recommend them to anyone, got told once you can’t rely on a residential connection! WHAT? Can’t believe I heard them correctly. So even a person that might work for a company from home would lose their job quite possibly?

*facepalm* my first instinct was to contact ofcom they’re looking into this.

3. admin
    October 31, 2013 at 9:43 am

Hi Simon
    Sorry to hear of your problems. I’m not sure they could have “blocked” your Outlook Express though.

4. Simon
    October 30, 2013 at 5:50 pm

I changed to Plusnet a year ago because Virgin Media are so bad, they still think I’m a customer , they sent me an email saying that ntlworld email addresses were being deleted, fine but they have blocked me using my Outlook Express program on my computer, this has to be illegal? I will never, ever buy anything branded Virgin ever again.

5. FED UP
    October 7, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Virgin media is totally without honesty. They dont follow up what they say they will do.They have reinvented the merrygoround its now called customer services via India.

6. vinny
    April 15, 2013 at 10:00 pm

they ncap after u use more than 1.2gb in a night so if you watch a streaming movie or download an adobe product for example dreamweaver then you will be capped thats why ur speed is up and down.
    Vince

7. tony singh
    February 26, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Virgin Media are the worst company to deal with.
    I was £10 over their £150 credit limit, they turned off everything including broadband. My payment is normally made on the 28th & on 26th they turned off everything. I complained, they wouldn’t listen. I told them to cancel they refused to do so due to outstanding balance. 2 days later I paid the os balance & gave cancellation
    notice. The refused to cancel saying there was 10 months left on contract. Perplexed I told them I had never renewed any contract & had to threaten court action, speak to supervisor before they accepted cancellation. Finally I was free of the leeches. BT service is a lot better.

8. a treacy
    May 13, 2012 at 7:09 am

i had virgin and had the lot, nothing worked properly and i had to keep reseting my broadband constantly,, the internet speeds were up and down, so slow at times i gave up. and this was on the big package. I NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH BT!! so we when back to them.

virgin media are a rip off!! thay took money out of our acount even when we was up to date. and gave us hidden charge’s in 8 month’s we spent around 600 pounds!!! so we told them to stick it!!

VIRGIN MEDIA ARE A RIPOFF! WASTE OF TIME! STAY AWAY! STAY WITH BT AND SKY!!!!!!!

9. admin
    January 10, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Update 2 – Day 3 engineer number 8 turned up, said hello then disappeared for 10 minutes. When he returned the phone was reconnected and working, he said goodbye and left.
    All very sad, but all systems go … until the next time, which I’m sure, won’t be long.

10. admin
    January 8, 2012 at 11:45 am

Update – I keep checking the phone and broadband. Having re-booted router several times I finally got broadband this morning. Still no phone …